We run the following seasonal services:
The first flu clinic this year will take place on Saturday 12th September 2020 for OVER 65's ONLY.
On the day itself, patients must:
- Be well and wear a face covering. You must come on time (not early or late) and show evidence of your appointment (eg text or note).
- Only 3 people will be allowed in the building at a time
- If early, you will be asked to wait outside in a socially distanced queue
- Follow the one way system around the building as directed by the staff
- Wear loose fitting short sleeved tops, no long sleeved shirts for men
- Attend alone unless assistance is required
- No shopping bags or handbags to be brought in
- Nothing else will be discussed other than flu
- We will not be giving any information out on the day, therefore it is your responsibility to read and understand any flu information beforehand.
This year, the flu vaccine does not contain any egg based products, so they are suitable for everyone.
IT IS IMPORTANT TO REMEMBER THAT THE FLU VACCINATION IS NOT A PROTECTION AGAINST CORONAVIRUS!!
Please note that people in the 50-64 year old age group will not be vaccinated until November and December, providing there is sufficient vaccine and no appointments will be offered for this age group until then. This is to ensure that those who are most a risk are vaccinated first. If you are 50-64 and you are in one of the groups which is eligible for the flu vaccination, for example you have a health condition which puts you ate risk from the flu, you will be invited earlier. This decree was made by NHS England and we are following their guidance.